Tuesday 13 April 2010

New overtaking ban on the M11.

There has been some comment on what appears to be a new truck overtaking ban on the southbound M11 from Junction 9, and northbound from about 7 miles north of Junction 8.

For the record, being caught overtaking in a vehicle exceeding 7.5 tonnes, between 7:00am and 7:00pm is a fine and three points. In exceptional cases the police have the option to charge the offender with Dangerous Driving.

Now I like to get from A to B as quickly as possible, but my attitude is that I should do it within the law, even if I think the law is an ass!

So I'm very surprised to see trucks basically ignoring this law, (and on the longer no overtaking section on the A14 as well.)

As I wrote on the TruckNet Forum, I can't afford the three points on my licence and my professional pride at being caught driving illegally, would take a serious battering. But then, that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment